LINQ Session 3-1: Selected Workshop “Employment Pathways”
Strengthening Training to Employment Pathways
13th of May 2015 (LINQ Conference day 2): 11:30 – 13:00 in Room Macke/Ernst
Facilitators: Cleo Sgouropoulou, Elizabeth Ninou (both: Technological Educational Institute of Athens, Greece), Thomas Kretschmer (University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany)
Description of the interactive Workshop Session:
The main objective of the common workshop organized by ACT and ECVET-STEP is to strengthen Vocational Education and Training (VET) Mobility through Employment Pathways Reusable Units of Learning Outcomes (RULO) and in particular to focus on the transferability of the ACT competence framework and RULO-based VET Mobility to other sectors.
After a short introduction, the participants will be invited to engage in activities for “translating” the ACT competence framework in terms of Reusable Units of Learning Outcomes (RULO) and describing a job profile or a specific training opportunity.
The participants will be encouraged to select an example from their own sector and to implement this idea of employment pathways to the specific sector of their expertise.
Set-up of the Workshop Session:
The interactive workshop session will consist of the following parts:
- Showing an example of the ACT competence framework
- Asking the participants to transfer this competence framework to (Reusable Units of Learning Outcomes) RULOs
- Integrating RULOs into specific instruments like job profiles and finally propose a training opportunity
- Using some scenarios for Pilot testing and online questionnaires available online.
- Collecting the results with discussion about the outputs.
The interactivity of this workshop session will include the following activities:
- Inviting the participants to join a discussion related to competence frameworks and their trasferablity in terms of reusable units of learning outcomes, where a question is posed and all are
- Asking the participants to explain their views on the vision and procedures of employment pathways and to convert the ACT competence framework to RULOs and to a respective training opportunity
- Asking the participants to develop a case scenario from their domain of expertise to explore and discuss the transferability of this idea of employment pathways to other domain
- Inviting the participants to join a pilot testing and to complete an online questionnaire
- Discussing the findings and outputs as well as making a summary conclusions