LINQ 2015 has published its Calls! The motto of the international LINQ Conference 2015 is:
“The Need for Change in Education: Openness as Default?”
Continuing the successful series of conferences from 2013 in Rome and 2014 in Crete, LINQ returns to its birthplace in Brussels to discuss the place of open education and research in contemporary society. From 12 to 13 May 2015, LINQ will convene international learning experts and practitioners from all educational sectors. Interested parties are invited to submit research papers, project overviews, and workshop proposals on the following themes by 4 March
February, 2015 (extended):
- Vision and needs for change in education through open learning worldwide
- Strategies and implementations of openness in learning processes
- Global aspects of high-quality open education
- Quality indicators and methods to describe, measure and evaluate quality for open education, OER and MOOCs
- Conceptual contributions on new and innovative quality models, methodologies, standards and approaches for open education and e-learning
- Practical experiences and reports with implementations of quality approaches for open education
- Competences required by institutions as well as by learners for designing, practicing and improving the quality of open learning
- Methodologies for and experience of increased recognition of open learning in formal, non-formal and informal learning, education and training
- Certification of open education and e-learning in institutions, programs & courses
- Integrated innovation and quality approaches for opening up education
- International, national and regional quality projects related to the themes of the conference
Submissions to both calls must be sent by 4 March
February 2015 (extended) using the official LINQ templates available on the conference website (see below). All submissions to the call for papers are limited to a maximum of eight pages and will be reviewed by the international scientific LINQ Programme Committee through double-blind peer review. All submissions of research project descriptions to the call for projects are limited to one page and all submissions to the call for workshops answer all questions on the template completely.
Submitters will be informed of their acceptance by 20 March 2015. All accepted papers and project descriptions can be presented at the LINQ conference, will be published in the official proceedings (with ISBN) and distributed to all conference participants worldwide and online under open access guidelines. Selected papers will be invited to be published in an international journal.
Specific guidelines and requirements can be found here: www.learning-innovations.eu/call.
Attendance at the LINQ 2015 is subject to a conference fee and requires registration through the LINQ website, as space is limited. The conference fee includes all provisions, including warm lunches, coffee breaks, the conference bag, and a copy of the official conference proceedings. At least one author has to register for the conference for the publication of an accepted paper in the proceedings.
Overview of the important dates:
- Paper submission deadline: 4 February 2015
- Notification of acceptance: 20 March 2015
- Camera-Ready copy due: 31 March 2015
- LINQ Conference (preliminary): 12-13 May 2015 in Brussels
Direct enquiries and full papers can be sent to the LINQ Conference Manager Mrs Tatiana Shamarina-Heidenreich at the University of Duisburg-Essen, Germany (Tatiana.Shamarina-Heidenreich@icb.uni-due.de).